Friday, July 29, 2011

White Boy(s) Rap for Jesus


Stepping Out at VBS from North Avenue on Vimeo.

We watched this video during services at church earlier this week, I think.  Phil Cobb (the dark jacket and the dollar-sign necklace) and a guy I don't know put on a rap performance as a sort of orientation for the kids of Vacation Bible School.

Given North Avenue Presbyterian Church's urban location, putting the church's message into rap might be a good way of reaching people.  I admit it does come off as more than a little goofy, but given the target audience, I don't think that's a problem.

(I remember watching the cartoons I loved when I was a kid like Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and G.I. Joe and they're goofy.  But I didn't recognize that at the time.)

Hope you all enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment