Sunday, August 5, 2012

Tickets for American "Iron Sky" Screenings!

I was at my friend Will's birthday party yesterday and a friend of his e-mailed me a link to where I could purchase tickets for a screening of the movie Iron Sky--the Moon-Nazi movie--in Atlanta Wednesday.


This is going to be awesome.  I'll be sure to review it here and for my friend Nick's blog The Dudeletter.

My friend Sean C.W. Korsgaard said he has been waiting for the movie for years.  I remembered seeing on Tugg.com other Iron Sky showings, so I looked to see if there were any other screenings near him in Virginia.  There were a couple in the Washington D.C. area, about an hour to an hour and a half drive from him.  Hopefully he'll be able to see it.

Here's the link to all the upcoming screenings of Iron Sky that Tugg.com is managing in the United States.

http://www.tugg.com/titles/iron-sky?region=global&state=upcoming#.UB5w9KDoaSo

Before I joined Tugg.com, I checked it out to see how it works.  It's actually really interesting.  I'm thinking this would be a good option for independent filmmakers (or others) who've got a movie in the can and are looking for a way to distribute it.  Find a theater, promote the screening through Tugg, etc.  If the resulting screening(s) are a success, that might go a long way to snagging a distribution deal.

If I ever decide to go indie with a film based on my short story "Coil Gun" (I'm working on the screenplay now), this might be a really good idea.  Especially if it's animated, as I've discussed earlier.  In the United States, animation is seen as something for children and a dark, violent adult SF animated movie might have trouble finding a distributor or a mass audience.  A successful independent screening might show a distributor the movie has legs, or it could serve to build buzz for an online or DVD launch.

I'm putting the cart massively before the horse here, but it's worth a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment