Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Officially Contracted for "Coil Gun"

While I was grocery shopping this evening, my phone beeped me in the manner it does when I've got an e-mail.  I checked and lo and behold, it was the contract from Digital Science Fiction for my alternate-history/science fiction short story "Coil Gun."

I could either sign the contract, scan it, and send the scans in, or I could electronically sign the contract by initialing each page and putting my name, e-mail address, and the date on the signing page.  The latter was less complicated, so I did it.  I sent in the signed contract about 20 minutes ago.

Now for the edits!  The third Digital Science Fiction anthology is scheduled for August and they're working on the second anthology now, so it might be a bit.

$0.05 per word.  This is my first professional-level sale.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Quinn! I don't know how you put up with those guys at Digital Science Fiction. They take forever to send stuff!
    Mike - Digital Science Fiction :)
    - Coil Gun is great, by the way. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a second VIP comment. S.M. Stirling commented on my "Revolution and Levee En Masse--In Westeros" thread.

    Glad you like my story.

    ReplyDelete