Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Friend Jon Reviews "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" (2011)

My friend and co-worker Jon got the chance to see Transformers: Dark of the Moon in Atlanta the other night and wrote the following review:

http://georgiagamer.com/2011/06/review-transformers-3/

Jon told me they don't explain what happened to Mikaela (Megan Fox), although another review said there are references to an unnamed ex who is "bitchy."

Darn.  I actually liked Mikaela's character (I explain why in this older blog entry--it's not just because she's hot) and I hoped in the interest of having a coherent storyline, they'd at least explain this.  However, it seems as I feared, they just shoehorned the new character Carly into Mikaela's role with no explanation.

(I don't like to criticize without offering suggestions for improvement, so I suggested their breakup could come around if Mikaela's dad relapses into criminal activity and Mikaela refuses to cut ties with him--an entirely in-character action that would cause severe friction with Sam.  If the end of his first relationship that's survived so much has left him despondent and it's Carly who pulled him out of it, that would strengthen all the characters involved and explain the situation at the same time.)

Despite this, I'll probably end up seeing it.  I've been a fan of "Transformers" since I was a kid and apparently the destruction of the city of Chicago by the warring robots is pretty epic.

(At the office today, since I watched part of Ferris Bueller's Day Off last night, I suggested a funny in-joke where the actor who played Cameron Frye kamikazes a Deception in a Ferrari.)

Given how it seems the most popular page on my blog right now is the one about Mikaela, I imagine my loyal readers are very interested in Transformers.  Not only will I give you this review, but I'll also link y'all to my "fix fic" The Revenge of the Fallen Reboot, which is the second movie if I'd been making it.

I hope both of these help slake your thirst for Transformers action.

No comments:

Post a Comment