Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Another "Coil Gun" Update

I exchanged e-mails with Michael Wills from Digital Science Fiction this morning.  "Coil Gun" is slated to appear in the third anthology, to be released in August.  Although the first book, which is available now, is entitled "First Contact" and features aliens on the cover, it's not a themed issue.  None of the issues are themed--the title comes from this being the publication's first contact with the readership.

I also learned there will be print editions of Digital Science Fiction as well--Wills and company are working on the print edition of the first book now.  I promised my then-co-workers at The Griffin Daily News long ago, back when I was working on a collection of sold and unsold short fiction with a small press, that I'd have a book signing they could cover.  Hopefully I'll be able to sell many print edition copies of the third anthology this way.

(Seriously, one piece of writing advice I picked up for someone who has a book out is to go many local newspapers and radio stations and get them to do stories about you.  Setting up a book signing and then contacting the paper to tell them you'll be in town and an interview would be awesome is a good way to promote yourself.)

Of course, this isn't something that will come to fruition for awhile, but it's good to have a plan.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, gotta give newspapers a time angle, and probably best to give them at least two weeks notice and then another reminder a week before

    ReplyDelete