Sunday, February 14, 2010

Productivity Update

This weekend has been a fairly productive one. I've revised Chapter Two of Escape from the Wastelands according to many of the suggestions of the Kennesaw writing group, with some work of Chapter One besides.

I'm going to have the Lawrenceville group I'm also a member of take a look at Chapter Two. I've got a couple of weeks to finish Chapter Three and send it to the Kennesaw group, since I will not be able to attend this week's writing group due to work obligations.

Chapter Three's going to be a long, brutal one. In this one, most of the characters we've met so far die. Nobody said the transformation of the protagonist from a callow youth into something resembling Stephen King's Gunslinger would be easy.

I've also written five chapters in the last six days for "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Reboot." Considering I hadn't updated the story since last November (!), I figured I ought to compensate my readers for this tardiness.

The story can be read here:

Revenge of the Fallen Reboot

For those of you who don't know me, some explanations are in order:

I saw the movie in July 2009 and though I enjoyed it, the more I thought about it, the more I realized how poorly thought out the plot was and how many things could have been done better.

I really didn't like Alice-the-Lustbot and the silly squabbling between Sam and Mikaela about who should say they loved the other first. So much more could have been done with Starscream and Jetfire and to pretend like the events of the first film (particularly the Battle of Mission City) could possibly be covered up was ridiculous.

However, anyone can complain. Doing something constructive, however, is something else. So I decided to reimagine the concept, much like how Ron Moore had taken the good-concept-but-cheesy-execution Battlestar Galactica of the 1970s and made it something really cool.

It's about half-finished now. 17,231 hits and 151 reviews. Hope y'all enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment