Thursday, May 2, 2013

IT HAS BEGUN! (The Writing Contest, That Is.)

Earlier, I referred to a writing contest between my friend Nick and I. May, June, July, and August. Minimum 10,000 words for per month. Loser buys the winner lunch.

Well, in the immortal words of Shang Tsung in the Mortal Kombat movie I saw in the fourth grade...



IT HAS BEGUN!

Yesterday was the first day of the contest. I wrote 2,800-ish words for The Thing In The Woods, finishing the first two chapters (or at least the first drafts of them). I also added  fair bit of material to the last chapter and created a new third chapter. Although it widens the gap between the prologue (which features the titular thing) and its next appearance, it does build up the protagonist some.

Thus far I haven't done much today. However, I got the first critiques from my Kennesaw writing group for The Cybele Incident, slated for discussion on May 11. I'm thinking by the end of the month I'll have added to that one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment