Friday, April 15, 2011

Jeepers Creepers 3 Trailer and Commentary

Many moons ago, I rented two movies at once.  One of them was a piece of garbage that I returned almost immediately after finishing it, but the other was an under-appreciated gem--Jeepers Creepers.  I bought it soon afterward, although I don't think I've actually watched it in years.

My first weekend home from the University of Georgia I saw the sequel in theaters.  I figured that would be the end of it, since the Creeper's ultimate fate hanging on the wall of the farmer whose son he'd killed seemed to parallel the fate of his victims, arranged into "a Sistine Chapel of bodies" in the Creeper's lair.  That and the rumors indicated the third film would be a prequel, rather than a sequel.  One would think the only stories left to tell would be in the past if the Creeper were dead.

It turns out I was wrong.  Here's the trailer for the third movie, Jeepers Creepers 3: Cathedral.



Good to see they've gotten Gina Phillips to reprise her role as Trish from the first film.  One of my film pet peeves is recasting characters.  The trailer's a bit too hallucinatory for my taste, but it seems to get the point across--despite being brutalized by a vengeful farmer and displayed as a trophy, the Creeper is back and now intent on getting hold of Trish's son, named after Trish's brother Darry who the Creeper killed in the first movie.

Apparently the characters from the other film--the now-elderly farmer, his grown sons, and the cheerleader who was having psychic visions of the Creeper--will be back too.  The Creeper's origin will also be revealed.

Let the games begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment