Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Couple of Steps to Improve "Predators"

Given my philosophy of not criticizing without offering constructive suggestions, I've come up with a couple of ways Predatorscould have been improved.  Given how it was an overall good film and I've got much better things to do, I'm not going to try to "reimagine" it like I did with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

*I would have made Isabel the daughter of Dutch (Arnold's character from the original) and Anna, the female survivor.  Credit for this idea belongs to Keenir from my alternate-history forum.  This would explain how she was aware of the Predators and, in particular, of how Dutch managed to evade their infrared sensors.  I would have also made her an American soldier rather than an Israeli one, to avoid raising the question of how she got there if she were brought up in America or Guatemala.  This would also provide more initial tension between herself and Royce, if she views him as a traitor or washout for leaving the U.S. Army to serve as a mercenary.

*I would have provided some more foreshadowing that Edwin is not what he seems.  He could speak admiringly of the Predators or display a bit too much interest in seeing his fellow humans die.  Some "creepy slip-ups" would make the revelation that he's really a serial killer a bit less abrupt.

No comments:

Post a Comment